Aurora FBL Electric 90
This is a helicopter that was designed from the ground up as a pure native electric heli. With the design of the Aurora Ultimate Avant re-defined the design of advanced 3D RC helicopters and now with the electric Aurora Avant is redefining what a 90-sized electric helicopter should be. This is the dream machine that sets the pace of what an electric 90 should be. Designed from the ground up as a true native electric helicopter with input from many seasoned 90 size electric pilots that were looking for the ideal 90 sized electric machine. The flying characteristics are simply unparalleled. It flies light and nimble yet with the precision of a contest machine.
The use of two inexpensive 600-class battery packs allows users to reuse their current 600 size packs as well as access the growing number of low cost battery packs becoming available. One of the concepts used in the design was minimizing damage to the packs. With that in mind we designed the mounting of the packs by attaching them to solid sections of the frames whose edges would take the brunt of a collision minimizing damage to the packs.
This innovative staggered side-slot battery placement makes it very quick and easy battery exchanges and also balances the left/right weight load to keep the cg centered and the moment of inertia minimal. The elongated right side Battery slot allows you to slide the packs back and forth to adjust for precise CG location.
This helicopter is truly the best 90 electric in the market. Unlike other designs this helicopter was designed from the start as a truly purebred electric helicopter.
The model uses the tried-and-true and very successful Avant CCPM system and the amazing Avant FBL RigidCore Head and combined them with the rest of a design that takes the state of the art in high performance 3D electric helicopters to a new level.
• Battery Pack protection
One of the most important features of this design is the protection of the power packs which are arguably one of the most expensive parts risked in a crash. The main power packs are attached to a solid section of the carbon fiber frame both with self-sticking Velcro and by the straps. Since collisions are absorbed mostly by the solid section damage to the packs is minimized during crashes.
• Wiring is all inside the frames
All wires and cables fit inside the frames leaving no clutter outside.
• Generously sized locations for motor and speed controller
The locations for the motor and speed controller are large enough to accommodate current and larger sized motors and ESCs leaving plenty of space for oversized outrunners and large heat-sinks.
• Pinion support on top and bottom
Support on top and bottom distributes the load into two bearing blocks minimizing wear on the motor’s bearings.
• Motor and ESC exposed to open air for better cooling
Both motor and ESC are protected inside the frames and at the same time exposed to the flight’s air flow helping them stay cool during flight.
• Back Tail Servo location
Since electronics are not exposed to exhaust oil the tail servo is located in the back of the frames for direct tail control.
• Servos close to receiver • The power packs are located higher • Slim design and low front profile • Low parts count • Painted Canopy High end professionally painted canopy included SPECIFICATIONS • Compatible blade sizes: 690mm, 700mm, 710mm & 720mm * Order yours today and be the envy of your field owning the most advanced and sexy electric heli in the market. Avant RC.
All Servos are easily accessible and at a short distance from the side=mounted receiver for easy access and service.
Unlike in most electric conversions where all the packs are located at the bottom the Electric Aurora features a design that places the battery packs at a higher location putting the CG point at a higher location making side-tic-tocs and rolling maneuvers effortless.
A very slim design and low front profile give the Aurora a very low drag coefficient that allows it to keep the momentum in the most demanding maneuvers.
An incredibly low parts count makes this an extremely easy to assemble, repair and maintain heli.
• Compatible Tail Blade size: 100mm-115mm *
• Suitable Motors 40mm and 50mm Dia. outrunners 450-500KV *
• Stock Gear Ratio: 9.9 optional 9.0 and 8.25
• Suitable Radio: 7CH Helicopter type heli radio *
• Fuselage Length:1426mm
• Fuselage width: 123mm
• Total Height: 465mm
• Main Rotor Diameter: 1595mm @ 710mm main blades
• Tail rotor diameter: 280mm @ 105mm Tail blades
• Main blade mounting: 14mm root, 5mm hole
* Main blades, tail blades, motor & radio are not included
• Servos close to receiver
• The power packs are located higher
• Slim design and low front profile
• Low parts count
• Painted Canopy
High end professionally painted canopy included
• Compatible blade sizes: 690mm, 700mm, 710mm & 720mm *
Order yours today and be the envy of your field owning the most advanced and sexy electric heli in the market.